Korean candy doesn't get any sweeter (or sour...er?) than this.
by Team SnackFever
Here's our Top 10 list of Korean candy from 2016! This list, like the Top 10 Korean Snacks, Drinks, and Ramen, are based on SnackFever Family feedback as well as how popular they were throughout the year. And just a reminder, if you haven't heard - our new SnackFever Shop is now open for beta testing! You can find individual treats (including the ones listed below ?) for purchase there. Check it out, and feel free to leave us any feedback - or even suggestions on snacks and candy you'd like to see!
10. Malang Cow Chewy Candy (Strawberry) "Malang" means soft in Korean (think "malleable"). "Soft cow" doesn't sound too appetizing, but you won't be thinking those words when you try this milky strawberry candy!
9. Cola Candy Have you ever tried a candy that tastes like a chunk of cola beverage? Many of us hadn't, but many of us loved it once we did!
8. Anytime Candy How convenient! A candy for...any time. These refreshing mints are great for post-meal, before-meal, during-meal. Or for any non-meal situations, too.
7. Plum Candy Do you know that one poem about children nestled in bed, and visions of plum candy danced in their heads? Well, it went something like that...
6. Aye-shyuh Sour Candy Is this a candy for pirates with lisps? No! But you'll make a face like a snarling pirate captain when you try these sour candies! Then, like a Korean pirate, you'll yell, "Aye, shyuh!"
5. Real Candy If you need a sweet reality check, the Real Candies will do the trick. These creamy and fruity hard candies will keep you grounded. And it comes in FOUR flavors! Along with the orange, be sure to try the peach, strawberry, and blueberry variants.
3. Milk Caramel Did you catch a glimpse of these on Entertainer last year? Product placement is great and all, but now you can place this sweet product in your mouth! The Milk Caramels were one of the most popular snacks of the year, and it's certified DELICIOUS by the SnackFever Team!
2. Candy Kitchen Who said vegetables are lame? And who thought they'd go well in CANDY? Well, whoever thought of it did a pretty good job. An awesome job, because these rank in as one of the most popular and well-received candy of the year! Each bag comes with three unique fruit & veggie flavor pairings: tomato & grapefruit; broccoli & kiwi; carrot & apple. 1. My Chew By far, the most popular candy of 2016 were My Chew! These fruity taffy-like treats are incredibly addictive. And they come in four flavors!
Honorable Mention: Peach "Water" Jelly
This was a late addition to the 2016 roster as a member of the December Box, but the peach jelly packets were a hit! What other Korean candy did you enjoy this year? Let us know in the comments! You can buy all the ramen at the SnackFever Shop beta site. Be sure to check out our 2016 Top 10 Snacks, Drinks, and Ramen Noodles, too!